“Nothing makes a person happier than having a happy heart.” Celebrate all your favourite fabrics with this happy scrappy heart quilt that uses a mix of easy hand applique and machine piecing.
'Groove Is In The Heart' has a fresh, modern, vintage feel with lots of dots, checks, small geometrics, flowery florals and a few novelty prints for a whimsical touch. RachaelDaisy always likes to include a bird or two in her quilts. So perfectly pretty and cosy, the way a heart quilt should be, but then some other colour themes that I can imagine would be:
- A Valentine’s Dream - classic reds on low volume fabrics
- Pretty Liberty fabrics on contrasting solids
- Civil War beauties on shirting backgrounds
- Bright popping colours on black/white backgrounds
- Black and white hearts on an aqua background
- 30’s prints or feed sacks always bring smiles
- A colourful mish-mash of all colours, sometimes the more you throw in the better it looks.
The heart blocks are made with machine pieced backgrounds and easy hand applique for the hearts using freezer paper applique to help achieve easy crisp curves.
It was RachaelDaisy's travel project for a while, so she designed it as a hand sewing project but she has had students machine applique the blocks as well.
Finished Size: 77in x 85in